Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Yes there are ...

... mushrooms growing in my bathroom.

When we moved into our new house, I told JB that I really wanted to make our bedroom and bathroom a "sanctuary." He agreed.

Then a box arrived. Then the box was opened. Then the opened contents moved into our upstairs bathroom.

I love my husband but I had to ask. I had to question. I had to ascertain whether there was anywhere else in our house that these mushrooms could grow.

He explained that they need a moist, damp "climate." They also needed a place where they could get some light but a limited amount.

"I can't think of anywhere else we can put them but in our bathroom," he explained.

Again, I love my husband, and I love his incredible love for nature. We have had snakes and plants of all sorts growing in our home at different times. I've had black widows in Tupperware containers. I have come home to find a sign that read: "Caution. Wild birds in bathroom." We have tended to hurt bunnies and birds and studied spiders. We have had books on everything and anything in our home.

In fact, I remember my cousin Josh telling me that he knew he had spent too much time with JB when: "I saw a book in your living room entitled: Swine Science and I actually thought about flipping through it."

But mushrooms in the bathroom? Hatice saw them. She said: "Me like this."

But I'm not sure I do.

P.S. And yes these are mushrooms you eat. From our bathroom to our pasta dishes and salads. I kid you not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say... eeeeeewwww!

Linda :D

Anonymous said...

What do you expect from such a "fungi"?
Sorry, couldn't resist:)
Your life will never be boring!
love you,
mom k

David and Lesley said...

CLASSIC JB!! :)

Cha Cha B said...

I'm so impressed with the growing of mushrooms and your ability to put up with that in your bathroom. You are an awesome wife.