Friday, November 05, 2010

Thanks Rachel!

November is National Adoption Month, a month set aside each year to raise awareness about the adoption of children and youth from foster care. This year's National Adoption Month initiative targets adoption professionals by focusing on ways to recruit and retain parents for the 115,000 children and youth in foster care waiting for adoptive families.

My online friend Rachel sent me the following quip. Love it:

Natural child: Any child who is not artificial.
Real parent: Any parent who is not imaginary.
Your own child: Any child who is not someone else's child.
Adopted child: A natural child, with a real parent, who is all my own.

1 comment:

Wegner Family said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I thought it was perfect for you and your two beautiful boys!