Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Mojo

Mondays JB works out with other military personnel for a mandatory PT session. When he got back, I went for a run. I don't mind running with my jogger, but when I can avoid it, it is nicer to not have to keep my arms in one position for the duration of a run. Thank goodness my BOB has good shocks. Elijah weighs 33 pounds now and Isaac 29. They are quite a load. I notice how heavy they are when I put them in my bike trailer. Without them, going up hill isn't so hard. With them it is quite the chore.

When I got back from my run (with Scrubby of course) I laid down on the rug in our formal living room/library. Isaac and Elijah laid down on either side of me.

Isaac: "What you doing Mommy?"

Wendi: "I'm doing sit-ups."

Isaac: "I do sit ups too."

Wendi: "Okay. Put your hands behind your head and then pull your head up."

Isaac: Imitates me as best he can. Pulls his head up two or three times. "I'm doing it Mommy." While this is going on, Elijah is on the other side of me lifting his legs into the air. Just eight months apart but worlds apart in understanding some times.

Wendi: "Yes you are."

Isaac: "I'm exercising."

Wendi: "Yes you are."

Isaac: "And now I'm sweaty."

After we do sit-ups then I bench press each of the boys. I always start with Elijah because he weighs more. I do ten bench presses with one hand under his chest and one under his legs. We all count together. Then it's Isaac's turn. He doesn't make it to ten. By six or seven he wants to get down which is totally okay by me after bench pressing his tank-like little brother first.

The other funny thing Isaac said to me this morning was a mix-up of words. Instead of saying: "all over everything" he said "all ovarything."

There are so many moments each day that I reminded how fortunate I am to be jarred awake at 5:30 every morning (although this morning it was 6:05! yippee!)

No comments: