Friday, October 22, 2010

SECOND BEST NEWS OF THE MONTH!

The first best news of the month? The arrival of my Mom and Joni.

The second best news of this month?

Our van, finally, is in our driveway. After being shipped across an ocean and going through paperwork as deep as I am tall, it is here! I can't believe I ever thought I didn't like mini-vans. I am so thankful to have it here.



Some of you have asked about the vehicle "issue" here. Due to black market problems, you really cannot buy a vehicle in Turkey. It's possible but very, very tricky. As a result, you need to bring your vehicle over from the States. However, the Turkish government wants to make sure its citizens aren't avoiding their own economy, and they are therefore very adamant about vehicle permits. We are not allowed to drive anyone else's car off-Base ... ever. Seriously. This offense could land you in serious trouble. Getting a rental car was quite an ordeal but now the ordeal is done. Yipee!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Woohoo!! So glad the van arrived! Has the license plate arrived - I shipped it Friday October 8th?