Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saying Good Bye Stinks

Plain and simple. It stinks to say good bye. You try to find the good but you just end up crying harder. I try to remember the positives. We came here so JB would have good hours and he wouldn't deploy and we would get to be together more as a family and experience a new culture and travel. We are getting all of that. Not being close to family is one of the downsides to our "choice." What a wonderful time we had with Grama Di and Joni. I got to sleep in many mornings and take some time for myself. The boys got a ton of individual attention and were spoiled appropriately. How blessed I am to have been able to have visitors so early into our assignment.

Another silver lining is that we got an extra hour of sleep last night as Turkey celebrates Daylight Savings Time earlier int he year than America does. So, until the U.S. "falls back", we are only six hours ahead of the East Coast. Maybe communicating will be a bit easier during this time. I have found that it isn't the phone issues that cause communication problems but the time difference. So I'll enjoy a smaller gap while I can have it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yes, I love the twice a year smaller time gap! Enjoy it!!!