Monday, October 11, 2010

More German Humor (From our kiddos)

  • We have to change diapers wherever the spot availals itself. At one point it was in a parking garage. We popped the hood of our “station wagon” and I changed Elijah. While JB was trying to get things put back in the car, I just sat Elijah to the side in the “trunk” while I moved onward to change Isaac. I got distracted for a moment and suddenly Elijah is grabbing in Isaac’s nethermost regions and Isaac is saying, “Elijah. No thank you. Do not touch my penis Elijah. No thank you.” Sigh …
  • “Daddy’s trying to get out of this tunnel,” was how Isaac explained the multitude of European-size ramps required to get out of the aforementioned parking garage.
  • A few months ago, while putting Isaac in his carseat, I pinched his thigh with the buckle. I felt terrible. Poor little guy. Ever since, every single time I put him in the car seat he says, “Mommy, don’t pinch me. You pinch me all the time.” Even worse, when JB is putting him in he says, “Daddy, you don’t pinch me. Mommy pinches me all the time.” Ugh!
  • “I say Meerhaba to everyone,” Isaac tells us. That he does. Unfortunately, people have no idea what he is saying. They don’t speak English, so I can’t explain to them that he is trying to speak Turkish. It’s quite confusing.
  • Isaac is quite aware of a boo-boo. But he decided to shorten this when he fell yesterday and just said, “There’s a boob on my knee.”
  • It’s amazing to watch children piece things together. When the swans failed to stop for us as we watched them on the bridge, Isaac scrunched up his nose and confirmed that: “The swans are sailing by us.” Never put the word sail with a duck/swan, but it totally works, don’t you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny.

Do you plan on visiting the Netherlands while you're living in Turkey. My dream is to go there sometime, especially in the spring when the tulip fields are in bloom.

Bethany

Anonymous said...

We have each had our turn piching the kids in the carseat buckles and get scolded for literally months after every time we or anyone else buckles them! I felt so awful!!

What a fun trip to Germany - memories for all for a lifetime!

Roberta

Lisa Cronk said...

So cute!
Out of the mouths of babes...

: ) Lisa

denise said...

wait until you pinch their neck with a bike helmet. I still have not heard the end of that one....

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh yes! The Netherlands is definitely on our Turkish bucket list.