Monday, September 06, 2010

Tent Time

Isaac in our tent -- it was early and he was still waking up (as you can probably tell).


Our tent! You can see little Isaac's feet if you look closely.

I continue to try new things with the boys to help create some things to do during the day. Here is tent time. Another idea from my book. It lasted a few very brief minutes and I realized I need some clothespins, but it was good for a few minutes, and the boys liked it. Keep the ideas coming. I plan to try them for sure!

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I've used a sheet over our dinning room chairs and then used rubber bands to hold the sheet in place. Just a little advice ;). But clothes pins could work too!

Grama di said...

They needed 'Papa' under there!

Gabbs said...

We made a tent today, too!

Anonymous said...

I have been a reader for a long time, and truly enjoy your writing! I feel compelled to respond to this post - I have a 3 year old and a newborn, living in the Texas HEAT and I'm desperate for indoor activities for my busy boy. We sometimes make an obstacle course using anything from paper towel rolls to jump over to sofa cushions to roll on, etc. It burns a little energy and takes up a bit of time. I am going to check out the book you mention from our library - once I can venture out with baby brother! I am so happy that you are all adjusting well to your move - your family is in my prayers.

Tina
San Antonio, Texas

Anonymous said...

My son loves playing in his indoor tent. His other favorite is to have a magic carpet ride. Take a large beach towel or quilt and lay it out on the floor. Have your child sit on one end of it, then pick up the opposite end and drag your child around the room. My son always naturally reclines in the quilt and enjoys the ride. This works best on wood or tile floors. One word of caution though...be careful when turning corners to make sure they don't tip out and get hurt.