Monday, September 27, 2010

Silver Triceratops

Yesterday, Isaac prayed for dinner for the first time. We were eating outside, JB was cooking inside, and I said, "Who wants to pray?" Normally there is no response. Or someone says, "Mommy did." But last night Isaac said, "I do." Then he prayed. He folded his hands, peeked out of the side of his eyes and said, "Dear Jesus. This food be good. Amen." I almost started to cry, and I was desperate for JB to hear what he was saying.

I wish, all day, that I could record the things this little man is saying, but truly, by the time I get a pen or get to my computer, the memory is gone. I know it is typical of all kiddos, but I also know that in just a few years, his vocabulary will no longer be something that is always making us smile! He repeats everything we say, begs to eat "pommegranites", is singing songs, and telling us exactly what it is he would like to be doing.

Yesterday I went into his room during naptime when I heard him yelling, "Help Mommy. Need help!" He had his "dinosaur cave" (Daddy broke the rules and gave it to him in bed) and he wanted it unzipped so he could get the dinosaurs out. I told him he could not sleep with all of them. There are like ten big dinosaurs in there. But he could have a few.

He watched me randomly handing him some, and when I thought I was done he said, "Mommy. Need the Triceratops."

Okay. I know which one that is. (Thank goodness!) I pulled it ou and handed it to him. He accepted my peace offering but looked at it funny. "That's a triceratops," I said.

"I need the silver triceratops Mommy."

I dug through the cave until, sure enough, I found the grey triceratops. Silly Mommy.

Sweet little boy. Thank you Lord for choosing me to be his Mommy.

1 comment:

TAV said...

aww. this is so, so awesome.