Saturday, August 07, 2010

Isaac speaks

Isaac is reaching that point in development when he can say everything. This means that the sky is the limit as to what he will come up with. Here are a few recent things that made us smile:
  • He calls Scrubs "Scruba-nooshki" now. My brother had a friend when he was a kid that we called Rob-a-nooshki." For some reason, I started calling Scrubs this for awhile. Isaac has totally picked up on it.
  • Isaac says "tud!" all the time now -- anytime something happens that he didn't plan on. Translated this means: crud. Way to go Wendi. He definitely learned it from me. It could be worse I guess.
  • In a few of his books there are helicopters and hot air balloons. Every time Isaac sees either one of these things he says: "I go in helicopter soon" or "I go in hot air balloon soon." He had seen airplanes for so long, and we'd tell him he was going to go in one soon. I guess he got this idea that he could wish it into occurrence. We'll see!
  • We ordered a bunch of Thomas Trains off of Ebay before we left South Florida. They just arrived. We got them for $4 a train. ($10-$15 is the going rate in the store for these little buggers --believe it or not.) They were misprinted on the packaging which is why some one was able to scoop them up and make a killing. The boys love them. When I came into the room this morning Isaac said, "I'm playing nicely with Elijah."
  • Isaac loves sweets of all kinds. We gave him a tootsie-pop on the way home from the mall yesterday. When he got to the middle and started tasting the new flavor, he took it out of his mouth and said, "Hey! What's my lollipop got?" I told him his lollipop had chocolate. How wonderful!
  • He also discovered that he could twist his lollipop in his mouth. "I'm spinning my lollipop" he says.
  • The boys have a book with pictures of grandparents and family members in it. He saw a picture of he and Elijah with Grampa and Grama K. and said, "That picture is at my house." It was in our house at Eglin which he still will say is his house.
  • Isaac is saying meerhaba (hello) as part of his language now. He knows how to use it in conversation and is starting to say it all the time.

No comments: