Sunday, August 29, 2010

$15

Today I spent $15 on blueberries. Frozen blueberries. I didn't mean to. We went to a Turkish store. I thought they were 5,00TL. Somehow I bought something that was 20,00TL.

Big oops.

I asked JB as we checked out with our five items why it was nearly $30USD. He didn't know. I didn't know. We don't know enough Turkish to explain that we wanted to wait and not buy what we were buying until we figured out why it was so expensive.

So instead, we took our five items home. We looked at the receipt. We discovered that the berries were very expensive.

Dave Ramsey says that's a "stupid tax."

I say they better be some darned good blueberries.

P.S. I really miss berries. Unfortunately I haven't seen fresh ones anywhere around. They aren't local in the market right now. And the Commissary obviously can't get them here in one piece.

P.S.S. We also went to a fast-food restaurant off-Base. I am going to have to learn how to say "ketchup only." Without knowing those words, you are going to have a loaded burger. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you saved a bunch w/ coupons!

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING your blog! It is so much fun to read about all your new experiences. It's not uncommon now when my husband sees me reading it that I have to turn the laptop his direction so he can read too. If you guys ever come to the Great Northwest in a few years and need a tour guide, you've got it. Are you adjusting to the heat yet?

Sister in Christ,
Haley
Portland, Oregon