Saturday, May 22, 2010

Windy Wendi

Today we are traveling to Washington State. Today it's also my birthday. (Click here for a card from my in-laws! Love that song playing in the background.) I am writing this post on the day before my birthday and plan to have it post automatically tomorrow. (Did you know you can do that?)

Today I am 33. I remember when my Dad turned 33. I was like, ten years old. I remember him telling me he was happy to be 33 because that was the age Jesus was when he started his ministry.

I remember thinking he was very old.

And now, somehow, I am 33. Wow.

Anyways, onto other stuff. Funner stuff.

There is a page in Isaac's word dictionary featuring different snapshots of weather. One of them is a picture of a woman trying to fight through the wind. We point to the different pictures and Isaac will say, "Raining. Snowing. Lightning." Then when we get to the picture of the woman in the wind he says, "Windy." But lately, instead, he says "Mommy" when we get to this picture. I guess Wendi and Windy is kinda the same thing to a two year old, huh?

I've often had my name changed slightly so that I can fit into the music world as well. My Dad used to sing this song to me when I was little.

But please take note that I was not alive when it was written or performed. I'm not that old.

Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Windy

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy

And Windy has stor-my eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Windy has wings to fly
Above the clouds
Above the clouds


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 33rd B'day, Wen.
I pray that you have a wonderful day and easy travels today.
Love you,
Joan

David and Lesley said...

Happy Birthday, Wen! :)

Mom said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful time on your travels!! N

TAV said...

Happy bday! Love you!

nicole said...

Happy Birthday Wendi!! I've been sick and therefore not on the computer much, and therefore totally unaware of your special day. My apologies. Wishing you the best :-)