Saturday, May 08, 2010

Shots and x-rays

Yesterday Elijah got his 15-month shots.

And I got an x-ray.

My darned right foot which was bothering me a bit before the triathlon is now bugging me even more despite taking nearly two weeks off. The radiologist didn't read the x-ray today so we'll have to wait until Monday to find out what's going on. John thought it was possible I have a stress fracture.

When I attempted to discuss with JB why I didn't want to take time off, JB replied as a physician would. "You are just like my patients," he said, throwing his hands up in the air. "I tell them to take time off. They say they don't want to because they will lose how in shape they are. So they don't take time off and then their injury goes from a few weeks to a few months."

I guess that means he disagrees with me thinking I can exercise despite the injury.

Grrrr . . .

While I was getting my x-ray, JB and the boys played in the waiting room. Later he told me that an elderly gentleman who was watching the boys play turned to JB and said: "Well that one (pointing to Isaac) ... I betcha he could be in a room by himself for an hour and not get into trouble. But that one (pointing to Elijah) well I wouldn't trust him alone for a second."

He kinda nailed our boys right on.

We went to Turkey Creek after naps yesterday with some of our fellow resident wives. Robyn sorta nailed Isaac when she said that he was so deliberate in everything he does. That really is a great way to describe him. He really appears to think about what he does for a long period of time. Even splashing in the creek took some thought on his part.

Now we are on to Saturday. It's a big day. We are having a final "wifia hurrah" this morning at Sarah's. I'm sure there will be lotsa pictures. Then Joan and bri should be arriving after lunch. And then we have Isaac's party.

Lots going on. No time for me to have a bum foot now is there?!

1 comment:

Joy Z said...

I must take time to point out that you have encouraged me several times to continue walking and not running until my knees don't hurt anymore! So, you gotta take some of your own advice girlfriend! :-) I hope your foot gets to feeling better!