Friday, May 14, 2010

My two doggies

For the past few months, my morning routine has remained fairly consistent. Elijah wakes up between 5 and 6am, and I get up for him. Isaac will often look at us as we sneak back out of the nursery with a look that says, "Yeah. Right. I'm not ready to get up."

But yesterday and today, Elijah slept until almost 7. Instead I woke up on my own. I came out in the living room to find two doggies who needed some love.

I love how each morning for a dog is a brand new day. They wag their tail and rub up against you and seek petting and kind words as if they haven't seen you in a week's time. I wonder how much we could learn from dogs. If each morning we treated our loved ones with complete awe and adoration.

Scrubs does this "long stretch" every morning, crawling up to me for scratches and pets.

When I got up this morning I found Brick running around the living room with something in his mouth. I know he likes to hold soft things. He doesn't destroy them but just carries them around. When I went to see what he had, I found a pair of my underwear and two socks all shoved in his mouth at the same time. He must have retrieved them from my laundry basket during the night as I didn't have any clothes laying out. He is such a funny dog!

After I gave Brick a considerable amount of affection, he returned to his favorite spot in our house, right behind our couch. Scrubs never lays here.

Brick's Dad and Mom, Brandon and Brittny (lots of "b's" there) return home today. Brick was such a joy to have as part of our family for a few days! The only thing I won't miss are all the leaves that come in the house with him on that long fur!

No comments: