Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boot

Today was a stressful day.

Got a call from JB this morning. Apparently we still don't have our orders. Because this Base often takes people without their family, while JB is approved to go and we are all medically approved to go, we now have to get the entire family approved to go. When JB asked them how long this would take, they said 4-6 weeks. Okay, that's impossible. We are supposed to leave in practically that amount of time. More waiting. More red tape. Sooo frustrating. We are being told our moving dates may push into July! That means we could be without our stuff there until September.

Deep breaths.

More stressful news? I have to wear a boot on my right foot starting tomorrow. Ugh. The only good news in that fact is that as of right now, they think I can bear weight on my foot. So no crutches. Thank the Lord. No clue HOW I would do that with two boys. Of course, we are leaving for Washington on Saturday. Gonna try to be in the airport and take a vacation with a boot on my foot. We don't know for how long right now. I'll get a bone scan when I get back to see the extent of the injury. But Dr. G. is convinced, without the scan, that I do indeed have a stress fracture. Apparently this is a very common place to get them in.

Sigh . . .

Thanks for praying for us -- and me especially. I really need it.

6 comments:

Brittny said...

please let me know if i can do anything to help. i know you'll call, but i'm telling you to anyway.

Joy Z said...

The Lord knew about all the snags before you did. He also knows the outcome even while you don't.

"We may be thinking God's grace is supposed to deliver us from problems, when, in reality, God's grace often gives us the ability to persevere in the midst of problems. We desire the grace of relief while God gives the grace of empowerment." ~Paul Tripp

Remember, the Lord is using these trials to grow and sanctify you and John. You indeed have my prayers my friend. I don't envy the place you're in but I have every confidence that all of the details are going to work out and fretting about them won't make it any better.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single day to your life?" Matt 6:27

Be encouraged my friend!!!
(((Hugs)))

Joy Z said...

OK, so I just re-read my last comment and I realized when I wrote, "fretting about it won't help anything" that that sounds pretty much like chiding you. I didn't mean that at all! I am so sorry, that is not what I was hoping to communicate! You know how hard it can be to get your entire point across via writing? So, please know that my only thought was to encourage you and I wasn't at all chiding you for having worry or stress. Lord knows we would ALL be in the exact same place! Love ya!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh Joy! I definitely took it that way. You don't have to worry about that from here ... encouragement is always welcome and if I don't like it, I just let it fly by. But your's was great and taken correctly. Always is. You have six kids and are my age. Goodness knows you can teach me a lot.

Joy Z said...

Whew! Good. :-)

Jen said...

Hang in there with that boot - it does help your bone "rest" some so hopefully it'll heal on its own if it is a stress fracture. I've got several in a few bones in my feet (both of them) and have been in and out of boots for years. I still run but have to stop as soon as the pain comes back so it can calm down some. I hope yours feels much better soon!