Thursday, May 13, 2010

Beach & turtle time

Some picture catch-up still in play here folks ...

On Sunday after naps we headed over to Postal Pointe. I have to be honest. While I absolutely love Destin beaches and am praying they aren't affected by this oil spill, and truly think they are THE most beautiful beaches in the entire United States, going there with both boys is way to traumatizing for me on so many levels. But Postal Pointe is minutes from our house and just a fun forty-five minute adventure. I am so looking forward to my first summer without an infant child since 2007. In 2008, Isaac was born and too little to do anything, obviously. In 2009, Elijah was six months old and too little. But now, they can both enjoy the great weather and beauty. Here are some pictures from our time on Sunday:



This picture cracks me up. First of all because while it appears JB and I are having some sort of argument (we weren't), Isaac is pouring water down Elijah's back. Too funny!



John and Isaac play a game where JB says: "I'm going to eat your belly," and then Isaac replies. "No. Eat my neck!" They are playing this here.



Isaac enjoys the water until boats go by and create waves. He doesn't look too fondly on the tiny waves at all. But I guess they aren't so tiny when you are under 3 foot tall.








On the way back from the beach, we stopped at Weekly Pond. I've lived here for three years and have never stopped here. A friend recommended it for a fun child-activity, and boy was she right! As soon as you walk to the dock, the turtles come swimming, knowing they are going to get fed. The boys enjoyed feeding the turtles bread. Well, Isaac did. Elijah enjoyed eating the bread himself.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome that you get to feed turtles! How fun! And are JB and Isaac wearing the same shorts? Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And Joan looks like a teenager:)
grandma k

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Not the same ... but they do look it, huh?

I think JB would be too "cool" to want to do that! Ha!