Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another good bye


Joan and Bri headed home before we got up this morning. Joni and I had been working on a puzzle during their visit (as we often do) and she finished it after I went to bed last night. Well, actually, she saved the last piece for me. What a gal. I love these two women immensely. Please pray for me right now.

I am feeling the emotion of having to say good bye, again, to all those people I love so dearly. I could use the Lord's extra support right now. Yesterday, we got together at the park with Joia and her kiddos and after some lunch at Chik-Fil-A, Joan said she needed to go say good bye to Joia as she didn't know when she might see her again. I walked to my van while they said good bye and felt myself getting emotional -- trying to contemplate not having Joia around seems unfathomable to me. And yet I know it is going to happen. Soon. My parents. The wifia. Joan. Bri. So many good byes. Again.

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Just said a prayer...

I don't even know you but just reading this and imagining what you are going to has brought me to tears. Thinking of you all right now.

in tx.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you, Wen...thanks for reminding us we need to do it -otherwise it looks like just a plain fun adventure to us left behind!

if it is any comfort --looking back i'm wondering if it wasn't at time actually harder on the ones left behind than the one leaving on an adventure...the first months of tears and adjustment turned into a wonderful new gift from the Lord....but i can tell you I shed quite a few tears in my day...He always provided what I needed, and more beautiful relationship but there are always the moments of longing that sweep over you... noone took the place of those others at home, and you don't just move on with no grief from such beautiful support and love!-that pain reminds me I have to take them with in your heart no way around it! May God comfort and strengthen you in these busy days as you say all those hard goodbyes!Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Having done this traveling and leaving people behind I have always said that it is just as hard on the ones we leave behind. While we start out new adventures they are always left with the familiar places, driving past where the person that left lived, remembering all the things that you would do with them. It is genuinely just as hard to be the person that is left behind.

As the new journey begins you're filled with all sorts of new sounds, smells, visions of things you never ever seen before which really helps to occupy your mind about what use to be.

The fun is yet to come, let the new adventure capture your mind and explore the world......

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I was just talking to Joia about this today. I DEFINITELY think the people who stay have it harder. We leavers are busy doing stuff and going and meeting new people. But the ones left behind are just, there ... without us. I totally agree.