Wednesday, February 10, 2010

(Non) frustrations

My current frustrations:
  • I can't find our cell phone ANYWHERE! Oh where or where could you be.
  • Last night night I poured two cups of milk to have ready for this morning. I left them on the counter overnight! What a waste!
  • Elijah is crying (HARD)) anytime I: (a) sit down, (b) leave the room, (c) am out of sight
  • I keep walking into rooms and not remembering what the heck I am doing there. I mean we all do this occasionally, but every time I get into a room?!

My current non-frustrations:

  • Joia is going to watch my boys for me this morning so I can run a few errands solo.
  • Scrubs is sleeping. He's so cute when he is sleeping.
  • I am going shopping for my first four recipes in the contest this morning. Up first? Meatloaf muffins with bbq sauce, beef Burgundy, tater tot casserole, and tuna cakes.
  • JB and I are doing a babysitting switch with Philip and Joia for Valentines weekend. We are going to get to out together! Way fun!

10 comments:

Joia said...

Did you try calling your cell phone to see if that would help you locate it?

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Hope you have a great Valentine's Day weekend!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I left this tip for the meatloaf muffins, but let them cool a bit before you remove them from the foil muffin cups or from the muffin tin. Otherwise they'll fall apart on you. Also because there's no egg in the recipe you might want to add a few more bread crumbs (maybe 1/4 c.) if the mixture seems too wet. That way it' stick together better.

Anonymous said...

I always use the pre-packaged shredded carrots you can buy at the grocery store. If you wanted to do this also, I use 1/2 cup of shredded carrots, and chop them up into slightly smaller shreds.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to mention the pre-packaged shredded carrots are for the tuna cakes recipe.

Jess said...

Oooh, have fun on Valentine's!! :)

Ebby Ray said...

You aren't shopping for my recipe? MY one feeling is hurt.

Anonymous said...

Wendi-

I don't know if you have this out there on your blog or not and I have just missed it. But, I know you say you like questions from your readers. For people that are going to be new parents, do you have any suggestions for Necessary Baby items to purchase? I know you try to be "wise" with your money and I would imagine could help people with what they don't need to buy. If you ever get around to the question, it would be great! Love your blog!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Great question anonymous. I've got it on my list. Stay tuned!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

And Joia, I didn't try. Should have. But I knew it was probably dead by the time I realized it ... and I knew we didn't get service where it was probably too.