Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Man to man defense

Today I played some man to man defense instead of my usual defense of necessity: zone.

I had MOPs this morning. I decided to take Isaac and leave Elijah with Joni since Isaac loves "shurch" and Elijah often doesn't. Can you blame him though? Look at this picture I snagged from the FUMC's website. This is the entry way to the children's wing. The whole thing is a giant aquarium. What little kid wouldn't love it?

Wouldn't you know, Isaac decided to cry today when I left him. I truly think it was because his brother wasn't there and things felt strange, but either way, he did stop crying very quickly. Maybe I took the wrong little guy to "shurch." Joan disagrees. She had a great time with Elijah boy while I was gone.

Spending one-on-one time with the boys is such a breath of fresh air -- very refreshing. Part of me feels guilty that I don't get it more. But I know that for Isaac and Elijah to have each other is well worth the trade-off of having to share their Mom.

Anyways, I had a wonderful time just being the mother of one this morning. It was quite refreshing. And Joan agreed. She enjoyed the one-on-one time with Elijah. She took Scrubs and Elijah for a walk and just had some great play time with him. I had some wonderful conversation with Isaac, and we could take all the time in the world just lesiurely walking into the church building. He loves to walk up the big stairs by himself. He's very proud that he can do it now without holding onto my hand.

I brought apple pie to MOPs as it was our table's turn to bring food. I did not make the apple pie. Joan did. It was excellent. What a Joan. On another note, I am actually speaking at our next MOPs meeting. More to come on this when I don't have a "helper" on my lap typing with me.

Anyways, back to my day, Isaac is napping. Elijah just got up. Then, this evening is a very fun night on the town. We are headed to Melting Pot for an evening with the girls. Joni is joining me and a babysitter is taking our place. Yipee! Many more details to come, I promise.

Oh, and let me end this blog by telling you that kids really do imitate you. Yesterday Isaac dropped his cup on the floor on the kitchen and without even thinking about it said, "Shoot!" I'm glad that is the worst of my words otherwise, holy cow, there is no telling what he would say.

2 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

That one-on-one time is amazing, isn't it? But what would they do without each other! The first thing either of my boys ask when we've been separated is, "Where's _______?"

AW said...

One on one is the best! Because I usually have Bubby strapped into a meitai or sling, I never get to spend alone time with my firstborn and I miss him!

On bad words being imitated: JK's latest expression is "holy towel!". His version of my "holy cow!" LOL!

And lastly, the pics Joanie took are beautiful! Love them. She captures the moment quite nicely!