Friday, February 12, 2010

Kristi was right (again)

Kristi bought Elijah a pair of adorable car rain boots for his birthday. She told me when she gave them to me that she had wanted to get a pair for both boys but they only had one pair in their size (they both wear 6.5 right now.)

I told Kristi not to worry about it. I don't need two of everything. They can share.

I figured, if I have two of everything, our house would be overrun with, well, two of everything. Sharing is good sometimes. Then they can share. Right?

Kristi told me I was wrong.

(Side note: this is not unusual. If there is one person who can tell me exactly how it is at any time, it is Kristi. Kristi actually got in trouble in college for telling me to "suck it up" when I hurt my shin. The trouble came when they discovered a stress fracture and when asked why I didn't report it earlier, I told them that my roommate said I should "suck it up.")

Anyways, so Kristi told me I was wrong. She said that I did need two sets of rain boots. Later, we found a pair of six dollar rain boots at the Gap outlet. I passed. We had a pair. Why would we need two?

Okay Kristi. You were right. What was I thinking?

First of all, rain boots are designed to be worn when it is raining. Duh! Therefore if I want to take both boys out, we would need two sets of rain boots. I can't very well put one pair on Elijah, take him out to play, and then have him go back in the house to "share" with Isaac.

Dumb!

Secondly, both boys are now infatuated with the rain boots. They want to wear them in the house any free chance they get. So we are starting to have debates over whose turn it is to wear the boots. I've tried giving each of them one boot but we end up with two boys falling down as they hobble around.

It's funny but not at all appropriate.

Isaac thinks his boots are, the bomb. The only time he takes them off is to get in the bath and to put on his other shoes to leave the house. (I'm sorta glad he hasn't asked to wear them in public yet as I'd probably let him.) He wears them to bed, he wears them while playing. Basically he wears them from the moment he wakes up until, well, the next day. It's quite cute. But it really does make his feet smell like rubber!

Elijah wears the boots whenever Isaac has given them a break. This isn't often but it does happen on occasion.

Here's Isaac wearing the boots during breakfast. Yes, those are pajamas. He slept in the boots overnight!



And here's little brother sportin' the cool cars. They ride up to his knees but he still manages to hobble around in them.

So this weekend, I am off to, well, where is a good place to buy kiddo rain boots? I'm off to somewhere so that we can have two pairs. Just like Kristi suggested.

And speaking of Kristi:

Here's Lee & Kristi's Ryan (with big sister Logan) wearing his "Florida clothes." I passed along this sweater (which was a hand-me-down from my friend Michelle that the weather here wouldn't allow me to use much longer), some pants, and Kristi bought him the boots at the Gap outlet. Yes, those are the six dollar pair that I could have bought for my boys.

You were right Kris, okay?!

Love you girl!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Target always has really cute ones every year that look like frogs and other animals. They should have them out now since it is close to springtime.

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

adorable

Kristi H. Hunt said...

Hey- I ordered some for Eli on Monday. They were shipped on Wednesday. They will be there soon! :)

I see the first comment from Jennifer and she is right Target does have really cute ones and the frogs are the ones that I got!

Kristin said...

The Target in Ft Walton had them in the far back, left corner with the garden section when I saw them a few weeks ago. Possibly hard to find without wandering or some help!

Ebby Ray said...

I really want a pair of Wellies, but there is no way I am going to pay the $100 price tag on them. But oh how I want a pair of Wellies.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kristi you should NOT have done that.

(But thank you!)