Sunday, February 07, 2010

Happy Birthday Elijah Boy!


Thanks to Kristi and JB, I think our cupcakes (copied from Brittney R.) were a success!


"Hey everyone! So glad you could come to my party!"

Della, styling as always.


Robyn's little John Benjamin. Is he a cutie or what?


We asked people to pass down their favorite clothes, toys, or books (if they had some) instead of buying new things. Look at this cool pop-toy than Jonathon decided to give to Elijah. Elijah loves it!


Brittny and her kids didn't have a used truck that hadn't been beaten up, so they bought the boys a new Tonka truck! Oh man! That'll be a popular toy.

Philip was on call but Joia and her kiddos joined us.
"So listen Isaac ... this babe (aka Chloe) is totally mine. You are too old for her."

Birthday guests from front: Christopher, Jonathon, Keenan, Chloe, Isaac and Moriah. (Sophie and Della were on the other side of the table and John Benamin was with his Mom.)

Not sure what these two guys are up to here!
Birthday hat!

Chloe, cute as always.

I think Moriah is trying to figure out why Elijah is wearing her birthday shirt. (We borrowed it!)

Daddy and Elijah playing in the play area.

This is Sophie. Brittny (her mom) and I joke that she and Elijah are the same kid in male and female forms. As a result, she holds a special place in my heart. What a sweetie!

Kristi bought Elijah rainboots. She said every kid needs a pair.
After watching Isaac take to them, I am convinced she is right. I am pretty sure this party was as much for Isaac as it was for Elijah.

Eiljah now signs "thank you." I didn't realize he had gotten that sign down until I watched him do it at the party!


Our eggless recipe for cupcakes! They turned out great I think. Elijah was quite excited.
Having never had chocolate before, I think this was quite exciting
But possibly a little too much on his not-used-to-sweets belly.


Me and miracle #2.

Kristi and Isaac. Not sure what I would have done at the party without Kristi. I think everyone needs a "right-hand-man" at a kid's party. All of these pictures are courtesy of her! Thanks Kris!

If you would like to view the whole album, click here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the boys are so cute-don't know which picture I like best! Looks like everyone had a great time-and the cupcakes turned out adorable!
love you all,
grandma k

grampa coach and grama di said...

O Wen! We viewed all the photos this morning. Looks like such a great time. So glad Kristi was there. We love our boys!!! What a fun time!!

Rabens Family said...

It looks like everyone had a great time at the birthday party. By the way, you guys did an awesome job on the cupcakes too.

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WONDERFUL. ARE YOU SURE THE ICE DREAM HAS EGG IN IT? THAT SURPRISES ME. GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO MAKE EGGLESS CUPCAKES. CANNOT BELIEVE ELIJAH IS 1. CRAZINESS. I LOVE THE PIC OF YOU AND HIM. YOU LOOK LIKE YOU WERE TEARING UP. LOVE YOU FRIEND.

David and Lesley said...

Super cute picture of you and Elijah! And the lion cupcakes are AWESOME!! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lisa, we actually got the ingredient list from the gal who worked there. Sure enough ... eggs.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's 1 yr old! Happy Birthday Elijah!

Bethany

Rachel and Hans said...

Looks like a FUN party!! Cute cupcakes!