Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A field trip, BW3's, a check-up, and a great friend

Last night JB got home nice and early from work. First, he holed himself up the library/guest room so that he could do some work on a presentation he is going to present later this month in New Orleans. Then, he told us to all get dressed. We were going on a field trip!

We headed over to the little Air Force Museum just off of Base to show the boys the cool planes and helicopters. They had a wonderful time. Isaac was very interested in all the stuff. Elijah was just interested in doing his own thing. Here's some snaps for our early evening.











After we saw the planes, I wanted to stop at Party City to pick up a couple of things for Elijah's party on Saturday. So we drove a bit further into town, and I ran in while all the boys chilled in the car. I haven't been in a store like that in years. And it's a good thing. One could go a bit overboard in those stores I think! I wanted to buy the kiddos everything.

Needless to say I was very impressed with myself when I emerged having only spent seven dollars.

By then it was nearing dinner time so we made a last minute decision to go out for dinner. We headed next door to Buffalo Wild Wings (BW-3's). We had no idea it was 45 cent wing night. But it was. So we ordered a meal for the boys to share, some fries for the whole table, and ate a bunch of wings for just over twenty dollars. More savings going on here. The boys had a great time. We've realized that if we want to take them both out together, it has to be a place that we'll be in and out of in about an hour and that has a lot to look at. Being a little on the loud side already takes the pressure off as well.

We were going to stop at Publix on the way home, but by this time it was bedtime. So we skipped it.

This morning, I dropped Isaac off at Brittny's house and headed up to the Clinic with Elijah Boy for his one year check-up. He impressed Dr. G. by showing her how he could blow kisses, point to his hair, and clap his hands. (He also impressed everyone in the waiting room by walking around, going up to every single one of them, and having a make believe conversation while we waited to be seen. ) Elijah's weight and height are getting more proportional. Both are in the 97th percentile or so. He now weighs just over 27 pounds. His head has also leveled off a bit. It is still 100th percentile but it is staying the same instead of continuing to increase! Otherwise, he is healthy and right on track. They do say that by one year he should have about 5 words. Elijah sort of has "Da-da" and "Ma-Ma" in addition to "Uh-oh". We occasionally here a "ball" and "sock." Either way, he's probably a tad behind the average on speaking so hopefully he'll catch up in that area soon. Isaac is, from what we can tell, ahead in speaking so we want to be careful not to compare him to his big brother in that department.

Now, the boys are both down for naps, I took a quick snooze myself, and I am anxiously waiting for my dear friend Kristi's arrival later this evening. She found a great ticket and decided to come and visit me until Sunday! I am so excited! She is coming kidless and is currently in the airport in Phoenix waiting for her second of third connections! I can't wait to see her! Kristi was my college roommate and she and I have been bosom buddies ever since. How fantastic to have her get an opportunity to visit me.

So that's life on our end.

P.S. And HOLY COW you guys have blasted me with recipes! I am already starting to figure out which ones I am going to try. Maybe I'll do a Julie and Julia and try them all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic's! Hope you girls have a blast:)
love ya,
mom k
ps I'm going to start trying some of the recipes,too!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Sad to tell you that our children (age 8 & 9) have never been to the A.Mus. We took my niece and nephew before children. Thinking it should be a goal for our year! :)

GREAT PICS! :)