Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wifia Wednesday Pics

Andrea with Chloe, Me with Elijah (or as Keenan called him yesterday, "Mor-ijah"), & Joia with Moriah.


Elijah with his two girlfriends. This is the first time I tried the Bumbo with him. He is the youngest and still not quite sure he can handle it, but he did a pretty good job.

Moriah and Elijah obsessed with their toes.

Thanks, as always, to Joia, for these photos.

For anyone who is new to the blog (or who just hasn't been paying attention), our wifia group meets each Wednesday around lunchtime. JB's residency "class" included eleven individuals. We are the wives of six of those residents who came in together in 2007. Each of our husbands are family medicine physicians in the Air Force.

These ladies have provided invaluable friendship, support, and encouragement to me during this bumpy ride of residency. During my first year here while we were still struggling with infertility and then waiting on Isaac, they were incredibly sensitive and caring with my tender emotions despite the fact that nearly all of them had children of their own. I have NO idea what I would have done without these ladies in my life. Andrea, Jodi, Joia, Sarah, and Tiffany ... you guys are amazing women! Thank you for being my friends and standing by me during the last two years. It is hard to believe that at this time next year, we will all be preparing to head to different bases for our payback time. I can only pray I have a support system half as good at the next base we go to.

As a group, we can always count on Joia to capture our day in photos. I asked her yesterday if she brought her camera, and she looked at me as if to say: Are you kidding? Did I, Joia D., bring my camera? I don't think I have ever been anywhere with Joia where a camera was not present, and it is such a blessing to always know we'll get some good snaps with her along. Our group now includes eight kids with one on the way. It's a wild time!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't believe Elijah is sitting in a Bumbo!! What adorable pics!

I've got to know what does "Wifia" stand for?

So glad you have such amazing ladies surrounding you!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Great comment Jenny. I think, and correct me if I am wrong fellow Wifia members, that Tiff's husband Matt nicknamed our group -- sort of after the "mafia" ... thus, the "wifia". Do I have that right?

Anonymous said...

The babies are so adorable!

Here I thought "Wifia" was some official group - like MOPS. :)

Linda

Jodi said...

You're correct, Wendi! Matt did name us after the mafia. It's even funnier that a lot people within the residency refer to us as the wifia.

Great pics of all the cuties and their hot mamas!!

Jenny said...

Oh, OK. I was trying to make it really deep and meaningful but you guys are just another band of organized crime...I mean wives! =)

Really cute!!