Sunday, April 05, 2009

The evolution of a family photo . . .

More talk of evolution on my blog! Who woulda thunk I could come up with two posts discussing scientific jargon in just a matter of days.

This morning we successfully made it to church. It was actually a fairly peaceful morning. Isaac had a successful time in the nursery, and Elijah didn't need to eat until we got back home! Both JB and I made it through worship and the sermon without having to leave church. Hooray!

Prior to church, both boys were fairly dressed up and we actually had five extra minutes so I asked JB if he would try to take a photo. Don't get too excited Gramas. The result was less than stellar.

Since laughing is good for the soul, I thought I would share with you the pitiful attempt that was made and the lack of successful photo that resulted.

Thus, the evolution of an unsuccessful photo . . .

Everything appears to be going very smoothly. Daddy has set Isaac down, Mommy is setting Elijah down. A successful picture is on the way!

Elijah is the first baby to decide that this picture thing is a very bad idea. Isaac sits and listens, trying to make a decision for himself.

The concept begins its deterioration. As Elijah continues to scream, Isaac decides that he also does not believe this is a very good idea.

Elijah calms down, but Isaac begins to plead with Daddy to end this madness!

Mommy decides that maybe Isaac and Elijah will do better if they are sitting closer together. I think the look on Isaac's face quickly summarizes how he feels about this proposition.


Elijah begins to slide down on the bed, and Isaac begins a deep and heartfelt infatuation with his little brother's eyeball.




In the end, this was the closest we got to anything resembling a picture. As you can tell by the happiness tumbling down off of both our boys' faces, the event was quickly scrapped, and we left for church without anything very noteworthy to send to the Gramas. Sorry guys! We tried!

11 comments:

Jess said...

Hahahahaha.

Yes, yes, yes.

Anonymous said...

pretty funny:) thanks for trying!
grandma k

Anonymous said...

The final outcome wasn't terrible! I don't think I'll buy the print tho! thanx wen! Glad you got to church!

Lisa Cronk said...

a valiant effort!

Amy T. S. said...

This is so funny to me. I have had this very same experience! It made me lol. Keep trying, it gets easier! Did you ever see the train video of my boys? I think it's on my facebook.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of photos with babies. :-)

rachel said...

Funny! :-) Those probably make better pics than good, posed, smiling ones, anyway!

nicole said...

Hee-larious! Well, at least they're both looking in the same direction in that last photo :-)

AW said...

LOLOL! This is classic.

Anonymous said...

oh so funny!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

LOVE this play by play! :) Great shots! Will be cute in an album for them to see one day! :)