Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arrivals

There isn't one real thing to focus this blog on. So here are some minor "arrivals" in my life that I thought I would share with you.

Mother-in-law arrives!

Mom K. is here, dude! Big time happiness for me! On my way to pick up Mom yesterday at the airport, I got stuck for about 30 minutes in bad traffic. When I passed the accident, my heart sunk. It was a mangled school bus. To read the story click here. I immediately started praying, hoping that the bus was empty when the rollover occurred as it seemed so improbable that children could have survived that accident. I was relieved when I got home to find online that none of the fourteen children were seriously injured despite the fact that the bus rolled over twice.

Dinner arrives!

Megan from church brought us a delicious dinner last night! Thanks Megan! It was fantastic. I know Megan is busy celebrating the return of her husband Danny from deployment. We are blessed to have him home safely. We have been unbelievably blessed by all the meals from so many people. Thank you to everyone who brought appetizers, dinners, and desserts over the last few weeks. What an unbelievable blessing. I realized how precious these meals are and am going to make it a point to do it for people in the neighborhood who are having a baby, even if a list isn't circulating.

Matt arrives!

If you haven't checked Matt's page recently, my brother-in-law Matt has also returned home safely from overseas -- another huge answer to prayer.

End of nights arrives!

JB has one more night to go! I am so relieved! This is it! Nights are over. At long last! And then, only one more rotation to go before he is done with intern year of residency. He'll be an official second year with an intern under him (cutting down on his workload considerably!) I am so excited by this!

New search engine arrives!

Do you plan to do any searching of the Inernet in the near future. Would you consider using this search engine instead of google: GOODSEARCH. If you enter "America World Adoption" into the supported charity whenever you do a search, they will donate about one penny per search to America World Adoption. This is our agency, and they have a campaign to help orphans get into the adoption system so they can find a forever family. This is not a scam or any of those crazy Internet things that you often see. This is a very reliable and truth-filled opportunity. Please consider setting this as your search engine for the future. Thanks!

Hot temperatures arrive!

I just got back from a run. I feel really bad because not two minutes after I got inside, but my poor puppy who ran with me threw up. This can sometimes happen if he eats right before or after exercise, but he hadn't. I think it was just too hot for him. I felt really badly for pushing him to run with me. Poor guy can't tell me he has overheated!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Hi! I came across your blog through Tara (PlanB). My hubby is in the Air Force too at Eglin, although we live in Crestview. It was also ironic for me to realize you are neighbors with Jamie, we are friends with Jake & Jamie. Anyway, I noticed you were in a group on base that perhaps is an infertility support system. Though I have one beautiful son, our issues with have more seem to keep growing. I was wondering if you could please email more info? Feel free to verify my identity with Jamie, I know it can be weird exchaning info via internet. My email is samantham1@cox.net
Thanks and a HUGE congratulations on your beautiful son Isaac. I adore that name!!!! He's precious!