Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meet-n-greet at Sarah's

My mom is gone, but Ebby is here! The pick-up and drop off at the airport yesterday went seamlessly, and Ebby and I returned to base to meet Brittney who had brought uf an amazing dinner from first course to dessert! We have four dinners scheduled this week and three next week. What a blessing!

Today, my friend Sarah hosted a "meet baby Isaac" at her house a few doors down from me. What a great idea! Joia, as always, came through for me by taking some photos. Here are a few snapshots from the party:

Me with Isaac. That is Brittney behind me and her adorable daughter Jocelyn (aka "Scrubs maniac" in the background)


My neighbor Pam holding Isaac


Jodi with Brittney


This was not merely a party for adults -- it was time to party for the kids too!


Some of the visitors


My neighbor Jamie holding our little boy who was quite alert for most of the party (Isaac I mean, not Jamie ... although Jamie was alert too ... never mind)


More snapshots. That's Sarah's daughter Della front and center. She's such a little lady. And don't you love that hair!


This little onesie says "Too little NOT to slam dunk". It's a bit big, but it does the trick. I think this is a hand-me-down from Cousin Nate. Is that right Gabbi?

As for us, JB did his first night of his two week rotation last night. It is a lot better with Ebby here, but man, nights still stink. I picked JB up around 8am. He had not slept a week since 6am the previous morning and was operating on fumes. He had also had quite a few "emergencies" during the night both with a newborn and a heart attack, but he said everything went well. He hung out with us for about 1 hour before turning in. Around 2pm he got up unable to sleep and just wandered back to bed at 3pm. He'll have to be back in at 6pm! Not only is it a bummer having him "home" but not "home" but we have to be extra quiet with baby and dog to try to allow him to sleep.

The good news is that he has just nine more nights left! More good news is that my mother-in-law is coming in next week to keep me company during the second week of nights and help with baby and dog. That will be such a blessing as well. I've been so blessed by my visitors during this time.

Scrubs has been challenging me quite a bit. While he is good with Isaac, his thievery is at an all-time high. It is only 4pm and Ebby and I have already retrieved from the confines of his mouth: one wet diaper, one burp cloth, one used tissue, one pair of socks, one gold t-shirt. I really have no idea how to curb this desire to steal things he is not supposed to have and parade them in front of me, especially with baby in arms or on lap or wherever. But, this is just a small speed bump that we will successfully navigate I am sure!

13 comments:

AW said...

Is it a possibility that his "thievery" is actually him wanting to nurture something himself? He sees you do it...perhaps this is his version of carrying a baby around like you?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

This isn't a bad thought. My only reason to not think so is that he's always done it, just increased its frequency recently ...

Anonymous said...

It is because he is jealous of the baby and he wants attention. He also knows that you are busy and distracted so it easier to get away with.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous, even though scrubs is a great dog! -Bri

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think Scrubs is just a puppy with lots of energy. His love language is "play". I don't think he "thinks" about being naughty. He just wants to play. He's used to being the center of your universe-he still is a huge part but will figure out how to share. He seems like a person sometimes but he's a DOG!!! You're doing a great job with him. He's way better behaved than he was even a few months ago.

Alyssa said...

I don't know what to say about Scrubs, but I hope you and Ebby have a great time together! You'll have to give each other a hug from me :)

Gabbs said...

Yes, Wen, that b-ball onesie is an old one of Nate's.....brings back some memories.

Isaac looks CUTE in it. Man I miss that boy!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wen
i love your hair that way!
it always looks cute -all the ways-but what a fun "do"
Tante Jan

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Love that b-ball onesie! Dylan had the same one along with some other sports-themed ones and they were my favs! Brings back memories for me too, especially since I'll never be using them again! :) He's adorable as ever, Wen, and can't believe he's 2 weeks already...craziness! Enjoy having the grandmas in town...that is always such a huge help to new parents, new baby and pets :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

One mitten? What is that for??? (Joia's Mom)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

There were two mittens. One fell off. (he scratches his face with his nails.)

Anonymous said...

Wendi,
just had a crazy idea! maybe you should change the name of your blog to suit the newly arriving prince!
somehow, "life in the polar north defrosts" doesn't fit those posts anymore ;-)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I had 2 thoughts when viewing the pics.
1. What a great idea "meet and greet Isaac"!!!
2. How cute is your hair!!!