Friday, May 23, 2008

24 hours in my current life

Want to get a more in depth glimpse into a day in my life? Well check out the pictures and story below.

Yesterday, I took Ebby to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants: The Boathouse Landing. She loved it. We also ran a bunch of errands. Isaac slept the whole time. Here are some pictures from our afternoon jaunt:




After lunch, it was time for a nap for both mom and baby:

After naptime, it was time to check the mail. We got this adorable towel from Ton & Nancy G. I love this! Thanks guys! Nancy's daughter Kelly (aka "Steg family") gave me an adorable gift last week too; however, since I want to steal the idea for a gift I can give my friends in the future, I won't be showing it on the blog! Here's a picture of the towel:



After mail time, it was time to exhaust Scrubs. My Scrubs has been a very difficult puppy the last few days. He is fantastic with Isaac but just so into everything. If you want to pray for us right now, spend the majority of your time in prayer for Mr. "Schief" (Instead of Miss.chief we call him Mr. Schief".) Ebby went three rounds with him before bed. Can tell from the picture below who won?


This morning at about 6am, Ebby got up and took over for me with pup and baby. Isaac had a little rougher night just being that he woke up to eat more frequently than he has been. And during one point in the evening, Isaac just started stirring a little bit, not totally awake. However, Scrubs was concerned that I wasn't checking on Isaac and decided to lick me in the face to tell me to get up and check on baby! Ugh! Anyways, I think Isaac's rougher evening was because his first meal of the evening was a little on the small side. I'll try to rectify that this evening! When I got up around 8:30am, JB was home. He had gotten a few hours of sleep on call so he was able to spent some time with us.

Our first job? Give Mr. Isaac a bath. Today's bath went much better than the first one. Check it out:



After bathtime, it was feedtime. Here are a few snapshots from breakfast:





And here's a video of feedtime as well:



Hope you enjoyed this visit into our lives. Tune in tomorrow for more mundane details!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of that was mundane, what are you talking about?? =)

So nice to see that Isaac likes his bath more now... maybe it's because his "wee-wee" isn't exposed to the world this time? =0)

Amy T. S. said...

Ditto. Right now the being that is the most disruptive to my sleep is Punky the cat! He meows all night unless he's on my head. The kids slept great but I've been up a lot. Cat!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Ebby, looks like you guys are having a fantastic time.

Sunny there and it looks gorgeous. Enjoy your time!

Teri(dalboard)

Anonymous said...

Aww Wendi, I love it! These videos are so great, i wish there was a way I could save them. Anyways does John still hate being on camera? haha.

-bri

TAV said...

love the videos! what a cutie. i still can't believe YOU HAVE A NEWBORN!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you and Isaac sleeping. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

i can't WAIT to hold him! :-) seriously, how CUTE is he?! 3 weeks...

i think hans really wants to hold him, too, but he probably won't admit it on the blog.