Friday, February 02, 2007

Atrocious weather & sleep

Well there are two things in my life that are rather atrocious.

The first is the weather. The weather is currently ATROCIOUS! It is horrible. I am searching for positivity but cannot find it.

During this cold snap, I have been posting the weather in the top right corner of this blog. Take a look at it, and please have some pity for me.


Unfortunately, it will only get worse as the weekend progresses. And therefore, we will only stay inside more as the weekend progresses.

The other thing that is not so good in my life right now is my sleep. This next paragraph will be slightly negative so if you aren't up for my negativity, please feel free to jump to the end!

Last night, I restarted my progesterone medication. It is a trial run to see how I will do taking this different kind of progesterone in Africa. If this doesn't work, the other kind has to be refrigerated so we are hoping that this kind works as taking a refrigerated medication to Africa is next to impossible. So far -- no psychotic episodes. However, so far: really, really bad sleep. I am hoping the fact that I only managed about two hours of sleep last night (and I am NOT exaggerating folks ... two hours is probably a high end), is a combination of the chocolate cake I had at Bible Study AND the new medication. So I'll try it tonight without any chocolate cake. However, insomnia and progesterone often walk hand-in-hand. Some cycles I have done well, others not so well. So please just pray that I am able to sleep while taking this medication this cycle. Not sleeping is not good.

And being cold is not good.

They are both atrocious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if you've already pursued this, but would a low dose of Ambien or something like that help with the sleep?

(You don't know me, I just enjoy your blog. I also appreciate the warmth in Texas when I read about the weather there!)

TAV said...

huh... must be the meds. i think i had just enough (if not more) cake and i slept great... hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

wendi,
i feel so bad that MN is putting you through this harsh weather! don't worry, it will be gone before you know it...but then again, so will you. :-(

hope you sleep better tonight and that you stay nice and toasty inside! i will be avoiding the outdoors as much as possible, too!

AW said...

Oy! That temperature I'm looking at right now. Negative 10 degrees??? I will say extra prayers for you tonight as you bundle up for bed.

Also, as a side note on Tracye's comment about the Ambien - worked like a charm for me! Took half of a half of a pill and I slept like a hibernating bear in Alaska. A little groggy in the morning, but a good strong cup of coffee and I was fine. Felt rested. (I'm pretty sensitive to any kind of meds so it didn't take much.)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tracy & FunkyMonkey (Tara2)

This is actually a good idea. I asked my doctor about this and he said I'd have to see a family med doctor. But it may be time.

And Rachel, if you are cold, I'm in trouble!