Wednesday, July 13, 2005

First Blog Entry

Well I am giving blogging a try. Just 10 years ago, I was getting on the internet for the first time, and now I am writing a blog. Just 10 days ago, I didn't even know what a blog was.

My main reason for starting to blog is for my mother and my mother-in-law. I also think of my grandmother (Medema) as I truly do not think Grama Huisman has ever been on a computer. I thought it would be nice to be able to document what I do every day.

John's first thought was that his mom wouldn't like this. "She'll be upset that we don't email or call as much." Well, truth be told, I am already bad at that.

The one thing I am fairly decent at is writing.

So at the moment, it is 6:50 p.m. and I am sitting in front of a VERY sunny window as it won't get dark here for nearly three more hours. You'll be happy to know, Mom, that John finally put the shade up in the bedroom so we aren't woken up at the crack of dawn and so it isn't light when we go to sleep. Summer days are so long here. But I am not complaining. No one around me is allowed to complain about the weather until there is white snow falling.

Okay, so Blog number 1 is here. I hope to update this everyday for you.

I love you all!

No comments: